Sunday, September 25, 2005

The worship of others

I see it all the time. People trying to emulate some real shitbags simply because the shitbags are famous. You know what I mean-girls starving themselves to death to try to look like Kate Moss or the Olsen twins, teenaged boys screwing themselves up with body-altering chemicals so they can make the big leagues like McGwire did. The names I cite are interchangable with your favorite shitbag of the moment-the problem, as I see it, is that so many people are lost. Like they aren't sure enough of themselves to appreciate their own identities, their unique individualities. And it most assuredly is not limited to the young-I see many a person who should know better go out and do dumb shit because they saw some show and Sandra Skankalot was doing it, or had had it done.

Maybe I'm weird-I have always been able to spot a dumbass at a distance. It isn't hard to figure out that a good number of celebrities are stupid people who you would hardly want to dumb yourself down to emulate. So then, what is the attraction? The money? The fame? The feeling of personal inadequacy?

2 Comments:

Blogger Jolly Roger said...

Shannon, I don't have a clue. I knew I didn't hallucinate or dream making a new post. And I didn't whack it either.

3:45 PM  
Blogger Jolly Roger said...

Shannon,

I tried to put it back from memory, just for you. Let's see how long it lasts this time :)

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home