Thursday, October 13, 2005

Telecommuting

I got lucky.

Just when the energy thing started to get seriuos, I landed a job which I can do quite well from my living room.

I think I'd probably go nuts if I tried to do it all the time, but I am most certainly willing to spend a few days a week doing it. If I really start to miss the traffic and the stink of real commuting, I still have a cube in a cube farm I can go off to. I'll try to make that a rare occurrence as I get trained up in my new position.

Life has been worse than this.

I was forced to find a new job after I had to have a laparoscopy that knocked me out of work for a month. The HR managing bitch from Hell of my former corp had me fill out some FMLA paperwork to cover my absence, then decided that I wasn't eligible for FMLA after all because my worksite didn't have the minimum number of people at it. The cunt sent me a certified letter informing me that if I was so much as late again, it was my ass.

I resigned that very day. And the very next day I got a call from a headhunter looking to fill...... a position I held 5 years ago. Although I had given the shitbag company I was working for at the time 3 weeks notice, I was anxious to get restarted somewhere else, and the firm I used to work at was anxious to have me return. So I did. Such a shame for my old employer, who intended to keep me around long enough to properly outsource me. Unless I was 5 minutes late or something.

I understand the management of my former employer is all pissed off because of how I blew them off. And there's some proof of that, since they have yet to give me a final paycheck. But you know? It's been worth it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jolly Roger said...

Yep-you were "that" close :)

Perhaps next time-unless they'll let me do this job from Michigan, which I just might do :)

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home