Sunday, October 30, 2005

Things I hear that scare me-Volume I

I am, of course, a guy who gravitates towards bluesy rock-that mainly means hard rock, or near-hard rock. I am a firm believer that the words "country" and "music" should never be used in the same sentence. I have nothing, I suppose, against the guy who is lying drunk in a pool of his own piss because his wife is down at the honky-tonk chatting up guys for a night of illicit passion, but I really don't want to hear about it, especially if the guy has a whiny voice.

So I freely admit, I haven't a clue about the world of country "music." Don't know the names, don't know the faces, have trouble telling one song from any other song (is there a difference?) So I was shocked to find out today that there is a genre known as "country rap." So much so I had to go fire up Yahoo! and see for myself-holy shit, it exists! I can hear it now....

I said yo yo, my gal she be a ho
The homies all be hanging round her front door
Now my ass is all drunk, and I don't know what to do
All I got is my JD to get me on through


Frightening, really scary stuff to contemplate :(

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

aaaaaahhhhhhh....I love country music.

Not big on country rap. Not sure if I've ever heard it.

7:15 AM  
Blogger Jolly Roger said...

Diff'rent strokes, mj. I will continue in my resolute opposition to the #1 cause of inbreeding, however!

8:07 AM  
Blogger Jackie Bolen said...

Yeah, country music really blows! I totally agree that it's not really music. However, it is better than rap and metal.

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home